Holidaying with your Pet
In 2015, more and more destinations are willing to accommodate families holidaying with their furry friends, making traveling with pets easier than ever!
Because we know how much you love your pets, we thought we would list the top 5 reasons why it’s great to go traveling with your pets:
- You don’t need to feel guilty about leaving your pet behind, they’ll be right there with you!
- If you’re traveling with a dog, it’s a great excuse to get out and see the scenery in your destination while you’re walking him or her! It will also be a fantastic new experience for your dog.
- If you’re traveling with small children, having the family pet along can help them settle and feel less homesick.
- If you’re traveling alone, it’s fantastic companionship!
- You won’t have to worry about how your pet is doing in an unfamiliar kennel or with a sitter he or she doesn’t know.
While of course you will love having your pets travel with you, it is important to think ahead about how you can help your pet feel at home in the new environment. Pack their favourite toys, bring along bedding with familiar scents and for cats use a pheromone spray such as Feliway to help relieve stress.
Do your research online ahead of time, finding the best pet-friendly beaches, parks, gardens and more, so that you have plenty of activities in mind to do with your pets. Remember, if you’re traveling with your pets it’s because you want to spend time with them.
So with a little forward planning and some help from our consultants, holidaying with your pet can be a fantastically rewarding experience!